At Communities for Recovery we say, “Give to Keep.” As a trained Peer Recovery Coach, you can keep your sobriety strong by giving support and guidance to others who are newer to recovery.
Communities for Recovery is proud to provide a structured way for individuals who have lived experience in recovery to help others along their recovery journeys.
Our training is your first step towards becoming certified. You will learn how to draw from your own experiences and recovery best practices to be an effective coach and mentor. The training is offered several times throughout the year, on weekdays and weekends.
Contact Training and Leadership Coordinator email@example.com with questions.
Upcoming Training Dates
RSPS/PRSS 46-hour Supplemental Training – Weekend training: January 6th – 10th, 9am – 5pm
Peer Support Supervisor (PSS) Training – February 13th
Peer Support Core Training – Friday, December 13, 9 am – 5 pm, February 7 and 21
Download and complete the application to the best of your ability, and send it to our training coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted for a brief interview.
Save a Life
Learn how to respond to an overdose emergency
Get Naloxone Now is an online resource to train people to respond effectively to an opioid-associated overdose emergency.
Resources for Recovery Coaches
- C4R Recovery Coach Resource Folder –Forms, tools, guides, training docs, etc. for recovery coaches.
- PRS Certification Steps and Requirements (after the training class) –A summary of the steps and requirements to complete the testing, application, and certification to become a peer recovery support specialist for substance use disorder in Texas after a person has taken the 46 hour PRS training.
- Recovery Coach Resources Facebook Group –Facebook group to support recovery coaches and recovery coach trainers (closed group, must request membership).
- Recovery Webinars from NAADAC
- Check out our Youtube Training Playlist
Job Listings for Recovery Coaches
- Texas Association of Nonprofit Organizations
- indeed.com: Recovery Support Specialist – Be sure to enter search terms for location.
- Mission Capital – Positions at nonprofits in Austin and throughout Central Texas, including jobs, internships and board seats. Be sure to enter search terms like “Peer Support Specialist.”
- Integral Care Career Opportunities
- Bluebonnet Trails Career Opportunities